Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

I greet thee.

I am getting ahead of myself. I really want to do some holiday blogs about being home, but those will have to wait. No fear. I took some photos.

I am sitting at the coffee shop to use the internet and thought it a good time to pop on here and address the new year. I can't believe how fast the fall semester went. It seems like just the other day we were driving our lives up to Missouri. I am not quite ready to go back to school, but will have to make due!

My two new years resolutions from last year: read 24 books-Check, work out three times a week-No Check.

My goals are not changing too much this year. I want to try and read 30 books, lets up the ante a little here. I started a book where I will list all of the books I have read and I wrote down all of the ones from the past two years. I look forward to adding 30 more this year! I am already a third of the way through Thirteen Reasons Why. I find it unrealistic, but altogether intriguing.

I also plan to read Ulysses by James Joyce. That is my book for by the end of the year. I have been wanting to read it for some time and I gratefully got it from my parents for Christmas. Joy of joys!

My other goal is again to work out three times a week, moving to four by March. But! I am better prepared this year. Matt made me a varied workout plan and I intend of following them. I went to the gym yesterday and did my own thing since I didn't have the plan yet. I will let you know how it goes.

Looking at my google reader the past few days-everyone said something about the new year. What is it that makes us want to try new things at the beginning of the year? To claim it will be the best year yet? Around Christmas this overwhelming optimism starts to fill people (minus retail workers) and last for a few weeks into January. I don't ever feel that different.

Matt is away for some more days and it feels weird to be home. It reminds me of my single days-except now I have dogs. It will be nice to have him home.

Here is to a year full of more changes, decisions, hopefully making some new friends, but really holding onto the old ones who count. You know who you are. And of course-growing and loving my family how I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment