Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lamp shades!

Hello all,

I hope your holiday season is underway and off to a good start. My sister, Alexis, is visiting me for a week here while Matt is gone and it is great! So nice to see and spend time with her. The dogs are also enjoying all of the extra attention and someone to spend the days with. We made some butter toffee yesterday, as well as egg nog and watched The Help with my friend Emily from school. That was fun!

On a different note, I've finished my 23rd book for the year. The Handmaid's Tale. I started my last book this morning, A Dog's Purpose, recommended by my sister, Jenny.  I plan to finish it before Christmas. With hope I will get to read Gone with the Wind over break.

Alexis helped me cover two lamp shades for some new lamps we received from my Aunt Jane. Here are some photos to show you how they turned out. I am so happy with them and think they look great!

 Lamps beforehand.
 Pick out fabric and a lampshade. I found this one at Hobby Lobby and it came with a pre-glued shade and a wax pattern cut out. Score!
 Trace the patter and cut.

 Butters got a make-shift handkerchief. He loves it.
 Wrapping the lamp shades.
 I folded over the top and bottom and glued it down with Fabri-tac.
 This is the first shade I did. On the second, I trimmed up the extra fabric on the bottom and it turned out even better!
 Voila! I love them!!

Yummy butter toffee....so addictive.

Hope all is going well. I am looking forward to the trip home at the end of the week and seeing all of my friends back home. Only 3 more days of school and 126 finals to grade. I can do it! And so can you!

3 comments:

  1. The lamp shades are beautiful, Amanda! Great work! Have a Merry Christmas!

    --Tami Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Stewart- watch out! A Red's takin over ;)
    The lamps and Bubbers look great- so stylish! And is it real milkglass? Super Score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amanda fianlly found this on your blog great work you are so talented. Jane Runner

    ReplyDelete