Monday, January 9, 2012

Tis the Season...a few days late




As promised, I wanted to do a blog about my break in Tennessee. It was so great to be home and to see some of my dear friends. The first group I met up with was Kelsey, Katelyn and Nicole. The four of us have been buds for quite some time and are now scattered all over the country. Luckily, our parents all still live in the same place, so we were able to arrange something! It was strange catching up but altogether needed.   








Christmas Eve. Jenny-send us the photos from after church!!


Christmas morn!


Hey, look at that. 


Daddy


I made this wreath for mum


Exploring in black and white


Baby


I can sit all by myself!!


Mean muggin


A few days after Christmas I got to stay at my friends apartment, Jen and Amy. Alyssa came over to hang out as well. I miss my friends so dearly. The time with them was bittersweet because I knew it would soon come to an end. After awhile we fell back into a comfortable feeling. Jen and I stayed up till 2 talking and then got to spend the next day together at the outlets. Alyssa and Matt came along. It was a swell day :) 


Oh, how I've missed you, Jen!!


These are the ornaments I made! Each has different colors for the girls. Also, I gave them homemade hot cocoa--how did that turn out, by the way? I didn't get to try any!


Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We also ventured to dye part of Alyssa's hair pink. 


The next night I went to a Lady Vols game with my parents, which was fun! Then I went over to a girls house to hang out with some of the interns from last year. I ended up staying there till 1:30 or so having such a good time. I truly miss being able to see all of those talented people in class and to talk about the different difficulties we have in our own classrooms. Sadly, I believe several people plan to move away. Someone took some photos...but I don't have them! 

Now I am back here in Missouri. School has started and I am trying to keep up. We are talking about controversial topics. Matt made a yummy meatball and spaghetti dinner. Last year ended with a bang! Let's hope this year can hold its ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment