Friday, September 30, 2011

Fun times in September!

Matt and I have been pretty busy lately! I already told you about our Labor day adventures. The next weekend I traveled back to Tennessee for a wedding.  My good friend, Alyssa, got married and it was a beautiful day!! The weather held out and the party was a fun time. I am so happy for them and know their life together will be a wonderful thing! There was a photobooth there which was really fun. Hopefully I will be able to put up a few photos soon! That was a whirlwind trip. I also got to see my two great friends Jen and Krislyn!! Love you girls! Below is the only photo I took from the wedding. Twinnies forever!!



The next weekend was nice and relaxing. Besides the fact that it had been raining for 5 days, it was very drizzly and gray. Saturday I slept in until 10-which is really late! Then I went with my friend Emily to the Heritage Festival. And let me tell you, I ate the BEST corn dog of my life!!! Sure, I have had corn dogs in my life, but nothing like this before. They made it when we ordered it so it was nice and fresh. Yum!!! There were a lot of things there I wanted to buy, but gladly I didn't take enough money. Here are some photos for ya.









There is Emily in that last photo. She is quite a trooper. Doing so well with her students even though it is a difficult job. I should not forget to mention that they were selling something along the line of fox tails. Needless to say, several 8th graders at school have since been seen sporting these attached to their shorts. I am not sure how it is acceptable with the dress code...

You already heard about my trip to Texas, so I won't write about it again here. October looks to be very busy, of course. I just started teaching Othello and that is proving sobering. I forget sometimes that my students are only 9th grades and I expect them to know more than they really do. We started reading it in class, and the language is difficult anyway, but they really struggled with the vocabulary. I will have to do some brainstorming over the weekend to figure out what to do. I plan on making yummy cookies for Matt and to finish cleaning the whole apartment. It needs some work. We have company in two weeks. Leave me some shout-outs about how you all are doing! Hope you all have a splendid weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment