Monday, September 5, 2011

The labor-less day

Hello, all!

What a very nice weekend it has been for Matt and me. Friday night we ordered Italian food and ate in while watching a movie. Saturday we were able to go tubing down a river. It was about 2 hours away, so we got up early to get there. The weather was great-95 and no clouds. Well, a few clouds would have been nice. After that, we drove to St. Louis to see some family. I was able to see my two nephews, which of course was great. I really liked seeing Glenn and Nancy-my dad's cousins who live there. I think over the next few years we will get to see them a lot, and hopefully rely on them as our family who is closest to us. They are always very welcoming to us.

Yesterday, I went to a coffee shop with my friend, Emily. We talked about school and I kind of worked on things while she worked a lot harder than me. It was nice to get to spend some time with her. And the weather was fabulous! 75 and breezy. This week is going to be great. :) To top it off, Matt and I went on a bike ride today. We rode over to campus for him to study and I read for fun. Currently, I am half-way through Persuasion. After a couple of hours, we rode back. It was so great to spend the weekend with him and the weather was just perfect for riding. It was difficult, but not unbearable. I am hoping we can make bike rides a usual weekend thing. Tonight, we are going over to grill out with some new people. It should be a fun time!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend full of relaxation. Exciting thing for this week: being in Alyssa Walker's and Niles Maddox's wedding on Saturday! I can't wait to visit home and to spend time with my closest gals. Tell me about what you did for the long weekend!

Last note: I have a new creative project I want to do. I need something to hang my necklaces on! I have some ideas, so maybe that will be for two weekends from now :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment