Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peachy Keen Ice Cream



I hope you all are having a nice Wednesday. Last week at the farmer's market I bought a large box of peaches which were so juicy and delicious! But, of course, there were too many for us to eat in the short amount of time they are ripe. So I peeled a bunch and made some ice cream! I used this recipe here! 


First I had to peel and cut all the peaches and add the sugar and lemon juice. I did not have any peach brandy, so I didn't bother with it. I think it still tastes peachy enough. I let this mixture sit in the fridge overnight while my ice cream maker chilled in the freezer.


The process was a little difficult, but the outcome is wonderful! I am glad my brother, Evan, was here to help me with cooling the mixture. The ice cream is so tasty and the peaches are frozen surprises in each bite. Definitely a nice dessert on a summer night.


Matt enjoying a nice bowl on a warm evening. If you have an excess of peaches, I would recommend this chilly option!

Tomorrow, Matt's family comes in town and I am going to make his father a German chocolate cake. I will document this ancient cake-baking task and share it with you soon. Shout out to Albert-I better see you next week!!! Put me on your calendar. Have a great evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment