Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Week Off

Hi All!

Matt and I had one glorious week off together before starting work and after school got out for me the first time. We had such a nice and relaxing time. I started off my weekend (before he was home) by going to Iowa to see my family up there and to visit for my cousin, Brittany's, graudation. As always, it is great to see everyone. We ate yummy food and relaxed. I love Iowa in the summer!

Per usual: the lookout


We look alike


Daisy found a bone and was entirely content


Pretty flowers


Home made ice cream!!

Brittany and Christina


Proud Pop



Grandma Love




After that trip, I picked up Matt from the bus station and we got to know each other again after being apart for so long. We joined the gym by our house and bought a gas grill and went to the movies and just had a really nice time together. We then went camping for a night at Mark Twain State Park. I always like doing that with our little family and am glad for the time away together in nature. Here are some pics from the trip.

Ear licking...



Butters actually got in the lake and swam!


At the beach in the park. I didn't go in; too chilly for water


Family pic by the campfire. I was a little cold, I don't know if you can tell.


Father & Daughter Portrait
Since we started our jobs we have of course been busy with work. We are still trying to find time to do fun things on the weekends though. I have some more photos from our Turkey dinner and also a picnic and fishing session from yesterday. Those will come soon. I hope you all are enjoying your summer with your loved ones. Maybe we will get to see each other soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment