Sunday, June 17, 2012

Make something Sunday: Dog Treats!

Hello,

This morning I woke up thinkin about my pups. I bought all the fixings to make them homemade dog treats and decided to try it out this morning. They really weren't hard to make and could be very worth it in the long run. In case you want to try to make some as well, I will put up the instructions.

Gather all of the ingredients!

Roll out on a floured surface. I didn't have a dog bone shaped  cookie cutter, so I chose stars and hearts.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes 

Butters coveting Daisy's cookie

I got this recipe from a friend several years ago and am just now getting around to making them. The pups seems pretty happy with them. 

2 and 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water (I used chicken bouillon since it was on-hand)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Knead dough 2 minutes. Roll on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness. Bake 30 minutes on ungreased sheet. Let cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container. Yields ~4 dozen.

I got 52 cookies! I have another dog testing the cookies as well. We will see what she says. 

Hope you all have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Woof, woof! Baby (aka Other Dog) approves! Wolfed 3 down in no time. You should start a business! Ain't no business like a doggy business. :)

    ReplyDelete