Friday, May 11, 2012

Clark Gable

Today, Matt left for Israel. Well, really to New Jersey, but then to Israel on Sunday. Maybe I will have him do a guest post when he gets back about everything he did and all he saw. I've been reading two new books lately: World War Z and also The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lackes. Both are interesting and books that I would not usually read. I'll let you know my final thoughts on them once I finish.

I've been thinking lately about this song I love. It is called "Clark Gable" by The Postal Service. There is a line that I have always particularly loved:
"I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real/ And I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd."
I often find myself humming and singing this song. It reminds me of the days when Matt and I started dating. I love it. Recently, as I was driving to school, another line in the song struck me.
"I know you're wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear/ Your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?"

Wow. I have a verse. That is my verse I tell myself to help me get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment