Friday, May 18, 2012

Acrylics class and others

First off, I am listening to Pandora tonight while I do things around this house. This song just came on, and it is love.

Next, I just watched Iron Lady with Meryl Streep. I bawled my eyes out at the end, but it was a very moving film. I recommend it.  She is such a great actress! The movie follows Margaret Thatcher before, during and after her time as PM of England simultaneously through memories of her. She is quite old at the point of the movie, and she is struggling with hallucinations of her husband. At the end she finally packs up his things (after 8 years) and lets him go. She sacrificed so much of her own life in order for the better of the country, and what is typically seen as ambition. It really touched me for several reasons.

It feels like so many things are happening lately. School is coming to a close and I have been busy with that luckily while Matt is away. The dogs and I have had some good cuddle time though. We have been going on a lot of walks.  I also heard today from CPS and I will be going to Battle High in 2013. It is exciting to be a part of something completely new. I am also going to be teaching summer school in June. Matt and I will have one week off together before we both start work again.

 So, onto my acrylics class. I had a nice time! I took it through the career center here in Columbia. It was a small class of 6 people, and we met 4 times, painting something different each time.  We painted: still life, landscape, portrait, abstract.  For my first time painting something ever, I thought I did a pretty good job. I hope I continue to paint because I did find it challenging but enjoyable. I really liked doing the landscape best; the portrait was the most difficult by far. See what you think!










Another post to come this weekend about the wrap up of school, the most recent book I read and whatever else pops up!

2 comments: