Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainy Saturday update

Hello All,

Happy St. Patty's day! It has been awhile since I have written. I've been kind of busy with school and trying to clean up the house for spring. This morning I woke up and it was gorgeous and sunny and the perfect temperature. I went and got Matt some bagel's to eat for breakfast's this weekend while he works hard on his paper. As I sat in the guest room doing some needed crafty chores (our book, scrapbook page for Dr. Presko, letter to Kels) it got cloudy and the thunder began. I have the windows open and it is a great sound. I have pandora playing on my new favorite station: The Head and the Heart. I am looking to buy this cd but it is not in stock anywhere in Columbia! Craziness. I might just get it on itunes, it is cheaper and all, but I haven't decided yet.

Matt and I went biking a few times the past week on the MKT trail. 8 miles both days. Tomorrow if the weather holds (it is supposed to be 80!!! In March!!!) We are going to go from McBane to Rocheport and back, which is 18 miles. It will be a lot, but it is something I have been wanting to do for awhile. Spring break is fast approaching. Matt got an important interview, so prayers for him are much appreciated. I am looking forward to the time off and hopefully relaxing a bit. The hiking will have to wait until May I suppose though.

By the way, are you as excited about The Hunger Games as I am?!!! We are ready as all get out to see it on the big screen. That reminds me, I got Tree of Life from Netflix this week, is it any good? I will let you know next time what I thought. I have heard you either love it or hate it. Polarizing movies are fun.

Things are a bit up in the air at the moment for summer. Matt and Alexis get to go to Israel for a few weeks and I will hold down the fort back here while he becomes a world-traveler. He is looking for jobs and I may or may not do summer school. We just don't know what is to come at the moment.  This week we will celebrate Matt's 26th birthday. I am going to make some yummy red velvet brownies (new recipe to try) and going bowling with Tim and Katie. Also, every night this week I will be at school watching my classes present speeches they have been writing for the past week and a half or so. They are very nervous and I am anxious to see how they do!

One of my favorite songs just came on: A Lack of Color by Death Cab for Cutie. <3 Have a great weekend and get out to enjoy the weather. And have a drink in honor of that old St. Patrick man.

-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. We should do something cool and become saints and have people get stupid in our namesake. You in?

    ReplyDelete