Sunday, April 28, 2013

Is it spring yet?!

Hi all!

This Missouri weather has been sub-par this year. The weekends have been mostly nice, but then the weekdays are rainy and cold. I even saw that we could get some snow this week! Let's hope not!

This month of April has had a lot of up and downs. It was a particularly difficult month at school, but school is coming to a close. My parents came to visit us for a long weekend towards the beginning of the month. We went on the dinner train and also rode bikes on the Katy trail. It was really great! On Sunday, Matt made us a huge dinner and we watched Life of Pi.


Last weekend, Matt and I went to the St. Louis Zoo! We got there in the morning and it was not too crowded. The giraffes were my favorite, and Matt liked the tiger. For lunch we got to meet up with Glenn and Nancy at the Schlafly brewery. It was delicious, of course, and we enjoyed visiting with them.

                             

                               
My friend, Gigi, is moving back to L.A. this week. She and I met last year around this time and it has been a nice friendship to always rely on. Today I helped her load the truck and then we got ice cream. You will be missed, Gigi!

This weekend was dreary and it was hard for me to get motivated to do anything. I did read a lot of reading in a new book I started called The Pillars of the Earth.  Slow start, but I am getting into it. If you've read it, I'd love to chat after I finish! Next weekend, I am going to visit my Grandparents while Matt studies for finals. I can't believe the year is almost over. I will be back with more updates and adventures. Hope all is well!

1 comment:

  1. Pillars of the Earth is a really interesting book! I read it a few years ago so my recollections may be hazy. It was a slow start but I remember staying up all night reading it once I got into the meat of the book. Really interesting from a historical perspective as well. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete