Thursday, April 11, 2013

Costa Rica: Our Trip to Find Pura Vida, part 1

Hi Everyone!

It has been two weeks since Matt and I got home from our trip to Costa Rica. We had such a great time and I am already missing it. I wanted to write about all of the things we did so we could always remember it.

Sunday, Matt and I woke up at 2:45 am to leave. We were off by 3:15 and drove to the Nashville airport. After a flight to Atlanta, we then went to Liberia, Costa Rica. (We watched Hitchcock on the way down, and it was great!) The flight was around 4 hours, only a little long. Once we arrived, we got through customs and had no problem with our bags this time. We took the Tamarindo shuttle to our hotel and I promptly fell asleep. After getting settled in around 3:30 their time (1 hour behind Central time here right now), we headed down to the beach. We were there for about an hour and then cleaned up. The view from our room was amazing! We were up on a hill and had direct access down to the street, which was also great. We walked down to see the sunset and then went to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Everyone was very friendly and relaxed-they were on their own time!





Monday we woke up nice and early and ate some light food at the resort. We then headed off to explore Tamarindo. We went to a small bodega and ate some snacks.  This was the day of the coconut! I drank out of a coconut juice. Then we ate some of the coconut mean. Matt got some iced coffee. We continued to browse through some shops and found lunch. At one, we went with another couple to Playa Conchal, which was about a twenty minute cab ride. It was so pretty there! The water felt amazing but the undercurrents were very strong. When we got home that night, I felt like I had had a workout! We took the snorkeling gear but the water a bit too churned up to make that work. We ate so great pizza and then some wonderful coconut ice cream!









Tuesday, we went to get a big breakfast. I ate some stuffed nutella and strawberry french toast and Matt got a huge burrito. I had a bad sunburn from the day before. We bought some stamps and postcards to send back home. Both of us were still pretty tired from our beach trip the day before, so after we got back, we took a small nap. We changed and got ready for our snorkeling tour. We got a pina colada at a place by the beach and enjoyed the heat. Most days it was in the high 80's or low 90's. We got into a small boat that took us our to the big catamaran boat. We sailed North for around two hours. I sat on the front netting and got completely soaked from the waves! It was fun. We snorkeled for around 45 minutes and then ate a good lunch of fajitas made by the crew on the boat. We arrived back at Tamarindo at sunset. We had plans to go out for dinner. After I showered, I got in bed for a few minutes and I did not wake up for another 12 hours! It was one of the best nights of sleep I've ever had!

It appears I am out of photo room!

Wednesday, we woke and went to get a smoothie. I wrote and sent the postcards and we relaxed. We bought all of our souvenirs, got another smoothie for the road, and waited for our ride to the next resort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment