Friday, October 12, 2012

10.12.12

Hi friends,

It has been so long since I've written. I wish I could say it is because I have been too busy, but truthfully I just haven't felt the desire to write. But today is different. Today I went to the high school writing conference at MU. I saw former students and current students. I was able to listen to talented kids share their ideas, poems, and short stories. The first session I sat in on, I wrote two poems. One was a haiku.


The old students write
Poems about their new lives.
Surprised, I miss last year. 



I have been really busy though. School has been overwhelming. Everyday I stay late to try and get more grading done, more preparing, and basically ahead. That will never happen, of course, but I'm trying. On Monday I will get evaluated by the principal. A bit nervous!

Matt and I have been busy trying to enjoy ourselves. We tailgates the past few weekends, and will do the same tomorrow. His bosses at work have been really great embracing him.  Tonight I am going with my friend Andrea to dinner and to peruse some galleries downtown.  On Sunday we are going to pumpkin fest....more on that to come later hopefully! The next two weekends we will have guests which I am so excitd about. Also, the hubs got us tickets to see Wicked in December. I am sure I will write all about that.

In other news, the only crafty thing I've done lately is making two buntings. I took a photo of it that just looks okay.

Also, I got this awesome letter from my nephew today! So proud. Isn't it awesome?

Hope you all have a good weekende and I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment