Sunday, February 12, 2012

Updates

So it has been awhile since I've written. Just been a bit busy. School has been ok. We are reading Monster and the students like it. I'm always hoping to keep things interesting for them and I find myself always learning new things for next time I teach the same book.

I've been sick this past week. I hate having colds. I had to take the day off on Thursday and slept for much of it. I feel a bit better after the needed rest. I did have a haircut scheduled though so I went ahead and did that. Here is a pic!


Last week I got a sweet card from my mom in the mail. I was able to put it on this awesome card wreath I made! She sent a sticker for my car. I love it! It says "Life is good. Head for the hills." I sure hope I am able to do some hiking if I make it home in March for spring break. Mom and dad are coming up to visit next weekend. No big plans, just visiting and relaxing. I hope to make some muffins I found online. I'll let you know how they turn out!


Matt and I have been watching a lot of good tv. First we watched both seasons of Boardwalk Empire. Now we are onto Downton Abbey. I really like Downton. It caters nicely to my British literature-loving side.  I recommend it if you have the time! I like so many of the characters and really despise others. But I never doubt their motivations. I find it intriguing that I can sympathize with them and still so strongly dislike them.


Tonight I was listening to some good tunes on pandora and the hubs and I started to dance for a bit. It brought tears to my eyes. It is moments like those that I really love. The weather is to be snowy tomorrow. We may luck out with another snow day! If so, the pups and I will have a swell time. Matt was supposed to drive to St. Louis to be making some job connections for the summer. I was worried though about the snowy roads so he postponed the trip.

I've been reading Eragon for the last month or so. The series is one of Matt's favorites so I wanted to give it a try. I am not sure I will continue on with it after I finish this book. Fingers crossed I will get to finish it tomorrow!

Last night Matt and I went to an auction. We didn't buy anything but did have some drinks and enjoyed ourselves. In two weeks we will be going to the Barristers Ball-aka law school prom. I don't have a good dress to wear-what should I do?!

Well that is enough for now. Hope all is well. Anyone have big plans for Valentine's day? Also, here is a shout-out to my good friend Albert. Facetime soon? XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment