Friday, September 13, 2013

New School Beginnings

Hello again,

A month has come and gone since I have written here. It is not because I have not wanted to, of course. This year I am at a new high school in Columbia called Battle. It is really nice. I am teaching two honors block classes, and one regular English 9. It might be too early to say this, but I so love my students. They are really quite lovely and so kind! Here are a few photos of my classroom. This is only my half, it is really twice this large since our biggest class has 58 students in it.




For Labor Day, Matt and I traveled up to Iowa to see my family there. It was such a nice time and I am really glad I get to go up there a few times a year! While there, I ate the best pot roast, potatoes and gravy ever, literally. I am still drooling over it. Matt also got to bond with Grandpa in the shop making a small chair with the woodworking tools. Next time, they plan to make something else!


What else is new?
-I am trying to make dinner for us two nights a week. Matt has evening classes on Wednesday and Thursday, so I am trying to help out. If you have any easy yet delicious recipes, send them my way!
-We have a bunny friend who lives in our front garden who is so adorable! I want to give it hugs and kisses.
-This morning it really felt like fall, and I got pretty excited about it!

This weekend we are traveling to St. Louis for my cousin's wedding. I can't wait to see everyone! It is like a mini reunion, minus Evan. Pictures to come later! Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment